Objectives of the Forsyth Fire Support Team
- Firefighter Support -Incident Response;
- To promote fire-fighting safety;
- To promote fire prevention education in the community;
- To give fire and emergency assistance;
- To cooperate with the Forsyth Fire Department in advancing their interests and influence on local and state levels;
- To create and maintain a fellowship among members of the Support Team.
- Complete an application;
- Pass a background check;
- Members must reside within 10 miles of the Forsyth city limits;
- Membership shall consist of spouses of fire fighters, spouses of retirees, parents of fire fighters or members, adult children of fire fighters or members, or anyone who is sponsored by a fire fighter in good standing with the Forsyth Fire Department;
- Have an interview with the Executive Director and Officers of the Support Team;
- Voted in by a 2/3 majority vote of all members of the Support Team.
Regular meetings shall be held on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at Station 2, or any other place designated by the officers of the Support Team. The Support Team reserves the right to have closed meetings.
The President, Executive Director, or not less than half of the members of the Support Team may call a special meeting of the Support Team.